This is the initial release of the Open3DScanner. An open source device for photogrammetry which allows the automated creation photosets with your smartphone.
The core of the project is an ESP32 with custom firmware and a custom made PCB especially for this project.
While I added all files necessary for building an own Open3DScanner to this page, you can find even more resources on the corresponding github repository.
Since there is too much to say about the project (printing, assembly, ...) for this textbox, I would like to point you to the manual which can be found under this project files.
I just want to point out some of the key features of the Open3DScanner:
- Fully released under CC-BY-SA-NC 4.0 License
- Exhaustive manual which guides you through the whole process of building your very own Open3DScanner
- Support for (to my knowledge) all Android and iPhone devices featuring Bluetooth and a Camera
- Integrated lights for good light during scans
- Automatic scanning: Chose your scan settings and the Open3DScanner will provide you a set of photos
The upload form does not allow me to provide the licenses which apply to the different artifacts of this project. So please consult the github if you are interested in all licenses for the different portions.
The MyMiniFactory site removes my attached zip files, which contain the firmware as well as the required files for PCB creation. Therefore please visit the github go get these files.
In case you want to support my work, feel free to visit my Patreon.