This two piece device allows you to get a firm hold on any type of textile without puncturing them. The first part of the device, which we will call the lock (shown in blue), fits closely into the base, which we will call the star because of its resemblance to a ninja throwing star (shown in red). This device has numerous useful applications around the home no matter where you live.
The project webpage is here
- Stretcher -?? 6 fasteners, a blanket and 2 poles
- Hammock - 2 fasteners and a blanket
- Emergency Tent -?? 4 fasteners and a plastic sheet or tarp
- Greenhouse or row guard - Use a number of fasteners and clear plastic to create a greenhouse
- Food transport - Use some form of fabric and 4 fasteners to make flexible box for carrying things like vegetables
- Improved Tarps:
- You can use a fastener to fix a grommet that has popped out of a normal tarp.
- You can also use a number of fasteners to join multiple tarps together into a bigger tarp
- You can create a custom waterproof cover
- You can use the fasteners to hold the tarp in a custom way for another function -?? such as rain water collection or roof leak or boat protector.