This is the cutaway model of Propeller Governor (Constant Speed Unit) for Turboprop Engine.
There are several type of Propeller Governor. This is the simple Hydraulic Type.
This model was designed in order to understand for basic Governor Function.
A. Design points:
1. Flyweight Function vs rotation speed.
2. Hydraulic Passages (Colored) to Control Valve Position relation.
Dummy Relief Valve and Feathering Valve are attached.
3. Speed Control Lever, Rack and Pinion type.
4. In future, Rotation Tool by hand will be uploaded.
B. Assembly Manual (PDF format, total 10 pages)
The detail assembly manual including "Parts-List", "After printing treatment" and "Assembly procedure" are prepared based on "Standard Skill (Filing, Drilling, Tapping and painting)".
C. Download files includes;
- Files: STL Files (26 items)
STL file name: "ws" of last 2 digits means "With Support" which special designed.
- Assembly Manual: Zipped PDF file
D. Purchase Parts Information;
- Bearing - Ball Bearing 6804 (20x32x7) are used to get smooth rotation. (2 ea)
- Spring : 1.8x35x20x5turns is used. Similar size can be used.
- Screws : M2, M3 and M5 - See Assembly-Manual
E. Total Net Print Time: Approx. 48HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
PG-Valve-Body201ws.stl needs about 12HR to print.
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
F. 3D printing settings
Raft, Support, Layer Height, Infill: Depending on your experience.
My models were printed by "idbox" using with 0.4 nozzle, 1.75 PLA.
I do hope you enjoy making!!